Resources for Research
Faculty members, doctoral and masters students of Texas A&M University are invited to submit proposals for research grants to be awarded during the 2014 academic year. Proposals must be aimed at the discipline of entrepreneurship and be applicable to Startup Aggieland, a student accelerator which promotes and facilitates the launch of student run businesses (http://startupaggieland.tamu.edu/). This proposal will award grants up to $5,000 for faculty members and up to $2,500 for doctoral/masters students per year. This grant program will run for three years so each grant awarded in this cycle is potentially renewable for additional funding in years 2 and 3 of the grant period; pending progress and re-approval by the selection committee.
The following document provides an opportunity to submit a proposal.
The following links provide information on various avenues of entrepreneurship and the entrepreneurial academic community.
- Social Science Research Network Entrepreneurship, Research and Policy Network (SSRN)
SSRN's objective is to provide worldwide distribution of research to authors and their readers and to facilitate communication among them.
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER)
The publications page displays research through working papers, NBER books, NBER digest and NBER reporter.
- Cornell University, Entrepreneurship@Cornell
This site is dedicated to various topics that appeal to a wide range of entrepreneurship educators, practitioners, and researchers.
- Ross School of Business, University of Michigan
The Ross School of Business actively contributes to entrepreneurial research through the Center for Venture Capital and Private Equity Finance, the Society of Scholars, and collaboration with the Kauffman Foundation. Additional resources of research include: books, authored by leading Business School faculty, which explore business strategies applicable to new venture situations; and new case studies,
- Kauffman Foundation
A database consisting of journal articles, books, reports, conferences and working papers on a wide variety of entrepreneurial topics.
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER)
A private, nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization dedicated to promoting a greater understanding of how the economy works. Contributes to economic research among public policymakers, business professionals and the academic community. A significant amount of data is available: e.g. macro, industry, individual, demographic.
- The Berkley Electronic Press
Publishes high quality research organized by topic and industry as well serves as an electronic repository for other universities to showcase their research.
- National Council for Graduate Entrepreneurship
Based in the United Kingdom, this site provides multi topic repositories for latest research articles, working papers and upcoming events.
Policy initiatives and research information
- Policy Dialogue on Entrepreneurship
Funded by the Kauffman Foundation, this site is attempting to broaden attention to the field of entrepreneurship and to connect thought leaders looking to advance it.
- United States Small Business Administration, Office of Advocacy
Acts as the voice of small business in the federal government and a source for small business statistics.
- Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE)
Promotes the entrepreneurial pursuit of social impact through the thoughtful adaptation of business expertise. Affiliated with Duke University.
- Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR)
The mission at SSIR is to share substantive insights and practical experiences that will help those who do the important work of improving society do it even better.
- Kennesaw State University Family Business Center
The Family Enterprise Center is one of the world's leading resources for family business education and research.
- The Family Firm Institute (FFI)
This is an international professional membership organization dedicated to providing interdisciplinary education and networking opportunities for family business and family wealth advisors, consultants, educators and researchers and to increasing public awareness about trends and developments in the family business and family wealth fields.
Innovation and creativity
Provides entrepreneurs and innovators with a focused, growing collection of the best resources and research on business innovation, creativity and brainstorming.
- National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (NESTA)
The largest single endowment devoted exclusively to supporting talent, innovation and creativity in the United Kingdom.
- The Center for Venture Capital and Private Equity Finance (CVP)
Oversees the finance and investment component of entrepreneurial studies at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan.
- Creativity and Innovation Management
- Creativity and Research Journal
- Entrepreneurship & Regional Development
- Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice
- Family Business Review
- Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research
- International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- Journal of Business Venturing
- Journal of Intellectual Property Law
- Journal of Small Business Management
- Journal of Small Business Strategy
- USASBE - Selected white papers on entrepreneurship education
- Small Business Economics
- Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal
- The Journal of Product Innovation Management
- Venture Capital