Raymond Ideas Challenge
What’s your big idea?
Each spring, the Ideas Challenge asks students from across campus, "What is your big idea?" We challenge everyone from freshmen to doctoral students to dream up the next great product or service and enter their big idea in this campus-wide competition.
Typically, hundreds of students, in majors from agriculture to zoology, submit applications describing their concept.
Members of the business and academic worlds judge each submission and the top 40 are named finalists. On judging day, the finalists present their concept to judges from the business community who challenge them with questions.
Over the years, the judges have seen plans varying from duct tape sandals to a method for directing the color of cultured pearls. Students from all colleges and academic levels have participated and several students have participated multiple times. In addition to cash prizes, students receive valuable experience developing business concepts, writing skills and presentation abilities. Networking with the judges is also invaluable to them.
The annual Ideas Challenge shows the world the quality of Texas A&M students. Our students never fail to impress and several have come away with job offers or investment interests as a result. The judges also find the day rewarding, left energized by the creativity and poise of the students.
- First Place ($3,000): Customizable Prostheses via 3D Printing | Charles Sweeney & Blake Teipel
- Second Place ($2,000): Wireless Mouse Tracking System | Richard Horner, Lindsey Jenschke, Cody Lewis & Nick Reinoso
- Third Place ($1,000): EyeNav System | Lyndon Kageler, Omar Lira, Stephen Sun & Tiffany Turner
- Honorable Mentions ($500)
- Lost & Found | Amy Brodeur, Joshua Dunegan, Daniela Garcia, Aaron John & Samuel Kancewick
- Hack.Connect | Jeffrey Zhao
- FireCAT | Ratika Gandhi, Vasiliy Khmelenko, Benita Mordi, Timothy Paulsen, Cameron Shaw & Kyle Yates
- Aggieland Exchange | Daniel Pattison
- Video Prize Winners:
- 1st Place ($1,000): Ea$yList | Tarang Lal & Paola Perez
- 2nd Place ($500): Dutch | Pratheek Lakur & Krishna Murthy
- 3rd Place ($250): Bridgin | Sangeeta Isaac
A Special Thanks to the 2015 Ideas Challenge Sponsors
Ideas Challenge Title Sponsor
Prize and General Sponsors